i am very proud of you for waking up today. you are very brave. existing can be hard sometimes and that is okay. i am proud of you even if all you did today was exist. i am proud of you for existing.
sure! if you are using a sewing machine, there will likely be a buttonhole setting with 3 different stitches that are used, and you can use this with or without a buttonhole foot (which helps you measure while you sew)
check out tutorials on youtube like this one!
if you’re hand-stitching, then you can use a buttonhole stitch, which look like this: (notice where the needle is going, it’s basically like tying a knot as you stitch)
you need to mark the buttonhole, stitch all the way around the edges with a backstitch, and then buttonhole stitch, so that the fabric is covered neatly, and gently cut or push the middle open with small scissors.
here's a tutorial for that!
professionally, there are buttonhole machines which stitch them automatically, although you won’t find those unless you are in a workshop or factory room - you need to be shown how to use them, but usually once you set up the measurements you like, you simply press a pedal and it does it all for you!
i hope this helps~~~~~
i was tagged to do this by minjup who did hers really sweetly ;;
SERIOUSLY though this ended up as me eating + talking about nothing for 20 minutes….i don’t expect anyone to be interested but i did it anyway………..you honestly don’t have to listen to me hahaha
i also realised i sound super posh when i read from text OTL
i had to lower the quality to upload, so it hurts to hear…
1. Recite a poem.
2. Read the first page to one of your favorite books.
3. Read the little blurb on the back of your shampoo bottle.
4. Do a tongue-twister.
5. Say something in a different language.
6. Share an anecdote.
7. Do the rains in Spain stay mainly on the plains?
8. Summarize the last film/TV episode you watched.
9. Let us hear your ringtone and text message sound.
10. Tell a joke.
11. What did you have to eat today?
12. Talk about something that really scares you.
13. Talk about something that makes you happy.
14. What is your favorite word?
15. What is your least favorite word?
16. What turns you on?
17. What turns you off?
18. What sound or noise do you love?
19. What sound or noise do you hate?
20. What is your favorite curse word?
21. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
22. What profession would you not like to do?
23. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
24. If you’re brave enough, sing us a little song.
(i ended up singing part of SHINee’s One and the chorus of f(x)’s Goodbye Summer in english…)